Miles

Friday, November 4, 2011

Fell off the wagon- but climbing back on

It's been a while since I posted. It's been a while since I cared enough to run. I get in these funks. I get in these crazy moods. I get crazy! Life gets in the way and I get even crazier!! Well, I'm back on the wagon and back to running and hopefully back to blogging. Just for me. And for whoever else may stumble upon my boring ass, no giveaway blog.

I've decided to run at least one 5k race a month for a year and hopefully finish big with a 1/2 marathon in December 2012. In Vegas. For the Rock 'n' Roll series*. I love Vegas. Running the 1/2 is my excuse to go back. I need to start saving now, but I think I should be able to save enough to get me there and have some play money too.
I started my journey of one 5k a month with the Monster Dash 5k on October 29th. I ran it with Ken. It was his first race ever. He loved it. He wants to run one again. He's  bummed that he passed up the Hot Chocolate 5k  that I'm running tomorrow, November 5th. I'm meeting my friend Jill and her daughter Aleigha in Chicago. Bright and early at the ass crack of dawn. I'm dragging Abbi with me. I plan to get up by 5 and be out the door by 6 to reach our destination by 7. The race starts at 7:40am. There's 40,000 runners running this thing tomorrow. Forty effing thousand. That's a ton of people. It's going to be a madhouse. It's going to be amazing. It's going to be awesome. I can not wait!! I haven't run since Monday. I hope I don't suck.
I lost all motivation this week. Why do I get like that??? How am I ever going to get to that 1/2 marathon if I never train. If I never run more than 3 miles. Why can't I stick to a plan? grrrrr.




*Rock 'N' Roll series may not make a stop in Vegas next year. If that's the case, I'll have to find a different race to run...maybe in Key West???? I love Key West just as much, if not more, as Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment