Miles

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Training, or lack there of

In January, according to my handy dandy runkeeper.com gizmo thingy on my iphone, I ran a total of 41.3 miles for the month. The over achiever that I try to be, set up a goal of 45 miles for the month of February. How many miles do I have you ask? This, the 8th day into the month: Two. Two measly stinkin miles. Why? I have four kids. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. 4 kids who each have their own type of activity that needs to be done. Yes, even my baby Anni, has an activity every week. I have four kids, who always seem to be sick lately. It started with Andrew, my oldest. Headache, high fever, body aches. Thankfully no puke or butt pees. Just fever and headache. Then came the SNOMG of 2011. The BLIZZARD of 2011. We were stuck in  the house for two days. My poor Abbi was sick then. The healthy kids played in the snow, while my little Abbi laid  on the couch, unable to move. Thankfully I bought Just Dance 2 for the Wii. That is by far the best arm workout I've done in a while! whew- Finally kids go back to school, and I can get my run on!! yeeeee Got 2 miles in, then got called to the kid room at the gym cause someone pooped in their pants (insert eye roll here) darn those babies that don't know how to go poo poo on the potty yet, don't they know momma's gotta get her run on? Oh well. 2 miles is 2 miles, I'll take it. I'm all set to go to the gym this morning, and wouldn't you know it, the same baby who poops in her pants is now sick. :( my poor little honey. You know she's sick when she passes out on the couch watching Caillou.

  So no gym this morning. The 45 miles for February ain't looking too good. Unless I suck it up and go to the gym tonight once my beloved husband gets home from getting our taxes done. I swear if we owe Uncle Obama anything this year, I'll scream. I have no idea how the unemployment or lack of jobs last year will effect the outcome of our return. We usually get a pretty penny back. This year, I'm afraid. very very afraid. I might just need to get my run on tonight, to let go of the aggravation of the outcome. We'll see.

I see I'm rambling again. I do that a LOT.

I do not like working out at night. I like to be home with my kids and Ken. I like getting things ready for the next day. I like sitting on my butt on my very comfy couch not doing anything. I like my workouts during the day. This gives me an excuse to NOT do laundry, empty the dishwasher, sweep the floors..."Whys the house look like a tornado hit it honey?" "Oh, I was at the gym all day, didn't get to that yet!" If I don't go to the gym during the day, that means I must clean house-booooooo.

Tonight tho, like I said, I might just suck it up and run a few miles. Gotta add to that mileage before this month flies by

No comments:

Post a Comment