Miles

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Not even close.....Bud

For the month of February, I set a goal of 45 miles to run. I'm not even close. Bud.

As of today, I have 20.3. :(  I did put in 3.5 today, and will put in another 3.5 tomorrow. I'm disappointed, but I'm not giving up. I'm setting 45 miles for my March goal.
There is also a race in March that I would like to run. It's the  St. Paddy's Day  5k/8k run/walk to benefit the Special Olympics. It's downtown Chicago and being run on March 20th. I've already requested the day off from work, so I really have no excuse not to run it. I'm just afraid to run it.


FEAR

Function:
verb
Meaning:
1 [+ obj] : to be afraid of (something or someone)
2 [+ obj] : to expect or worry about (something bad or unpleasant)
3 [no obj] : to be afraid and worried
4 [+ obj] : to feel respect and wonder for something very powerful fear God

 I haven't had much time to work on my outdoor runs, and I'm afraid I won't finish. Give me a treadmill, and I'm good to go. Outdoor runs, are still by far the hardest for me. I recently downloaded the Bridge to 10K app to help me along the way with my outdoor runs but time, kids and coldness have put a stop on my outdoor training. Soooooo, for the month of March I'm also setting a goal of at least 10 outdoor runs of at least 3.5 miles. I have until March 17th (also known as my wedding anniversary) to register for this race. If I cannot run 3.5 outside by then, I'm not wasting the money to register. wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment