You never know what you're gonna get. Hard run, easy run, mediocre run, boring run, fun run, loooooong run. Yesterday it was 40* here in Chicago land. That's flip flop weather! I got home from church, put on my shoes and set out to run outside. My first outside run in a while. I learned a few things on this run.
- Wind- it can be your friend or your foe. Running against it is hard. Running with it is easy! I like running with the wind, it pushes me ever so gently. :)
- Hills- hills suck. the end.
- My new shoes rock! No pain during my run made it so much more enjoyable.
- My fitbit is my new best friend. More on this little gadget to come. I love this thing and will never stop wearing it.
- This blog is pretty much what I thought of while running. What will I say next? When will I get a chance to update? Will anyone let me try out there gadgets?? please?
- Speaking of gadgets- I need sunglasses. Where does one go to get running sunglasses??
- Back to those hills, I need to get outside more if I plan on finishing the Bunny Rock in April. those puppies were tough yesterday!
I ran 3 miles and didn't die! The first 10 minutes in I wanted to give up-but I didn't and I am happy that I just kept going. I passed my house at the halfway point and I said I could stop, but I didn't, I knew I would be angry with myself if I didn't keep going-so I did just that. I kept going. I thought of my friend, Mary, who had just said she had her best run ever. She ran 9 miles. All at once! Wow!! is all I thought, I cannot wait til I can say I ran 9 miles. She really kept me going. Thanks Mary!