Miles

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

B210K

Have you seen the C25K? Ya know, couch to 5k? I used that app last year to get me to 3.1 miles. I used it on my iphone and ran and ran and ran and finally graduated and was able to run 3.1 miles. YAY! Well, the lovely people who made that app, also made a B210K, bridge to 10K, app as well. That's what I'm using now. I just finished week 3 Day 1. It's a 5 minute warm up, run for 17 minutes, walk for a minute and repeat 2x's cool down 5 minutes. Whew! it was tough!!! Thankfully Day 2 and Day 3 are the same thing. I *might* have to stay on week 3 for more than one week tho. It was hard for me! The first two 17 minute runs were easy peasy. It was the last one that got me. I got bored and wanted to stop. How do you trick your mind into not being bored? Got any tips for me???

1 comment:

  1. When I start to loose my motivation I tell myself to just focus on the next five minutes. For some reason, if I get through 5, I know I can do five more because I usually don't feel terribly bad after 5 more. I also motivate myself by thinking of the Olympics. Sounds corny, but last year when doing c25k, I was watching the Olympics and when I thought of cutting a running part short, I thought, "Now, come on. If they can do what they are doing, surely you can keep running a little longer." That helped. Now I use my anger over the Boston Marathon bombing to motivate me and sort of run for those that were injured or killed.

    ReplyDelete