Miles

Friday, March 11, 2011

Cross train~

I didn't do another 4.5 today. I cross trained instead. If that's what it's even called. I just ran two miles, then I did the stepper machine for 30 minutes. Good workout. I know I need to do more weight training, but again, that fear I have...sucks. Monday I'm starting the Beginner's Running 1/2 marathon training schedule-
It looks like this:


WeekMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday
1Rest2 miRest2.5 miRest3 mi2 mi EZ
2Rest2 milesRest3 miCT or Rest4 mi2.5 mi EZ
3Rest2.5 miCT3 miRest5 mi2 mi EZ
4Rest3 miCT4 miRest6 mi3 mi EZ
5Rest3 miCT3 miRest7 mi3 mi EZ
6Rest4 miCT4 miRest8 mi3 mi EZ
7Rest4 miRest4 miCT9 mi3 mi EZ
8Rest4 miCT3 miRest10 mi3 mi EZ
9Rest5 miCT4 miRest11 miRest
103 mi EZ4 miRest3 miCT12 mi3 mi EZ
11RestCTRest3 miCT5 mi2.5 mi EZ
12Rest2 mi20 minutesRest20 minutesRace Day!Rest Day!



I'm hoping to get my long runs in Saturdays-before work. That may just mean I'll have to get up waaaaay early to get them in! It's starting to get warmer- so those early runs may just be what I need~  The 1/2 isn't until August so hopefully, this will allow me enough time to double weeks when I have to.

I told myself that I'm going for a trail run tomorrow. We have a trail by the house that's 2.65 miles around. I trained a bit last year and walked for most of it. I'm hoping that this year I'll run it all the way around- I think I can do it!! I have a hard time with my speed when I'm not on the treadmill. I love the treadmill because it tells me where I'm at. On the road, I usually end up starting too fast and burn out only after a few minutes.
Is that why runners wear those heart rate monitors? I'm always seeing them check their watches while running. Does this help them slow down or speed up? What monitor is the cheapest, yet best option??


No comments:

Post a Comment