Miles

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Great run!

Great run today- No pain, no boredom ( I was watching CNN-maybe that's the trick) everything felt great! I ran 4 1/2 miles today- in 49 minutes! So freaking proud. I'm following the B210K program and usually when the little guy says, "You are half way done"- I'm walking. NOT today! I felt great, had a 5.5- 5.7 pace going on the treadmill and just felt like I could run for hours. Thank you Anni, for not having poo, thank you for not crying!
I also wanted to rejoice in my speed. I'm still s l o w. Buuuut, I'm getting better! Much better. When I started running way back in 2007 my speed on the treadmill was 4.0. HA! Today, I kept my pace between 5.5 and 5.7. Then I decided to kick it up a notch and ran at a 6.0. For 12 freakin minutes!!!!! That's crazy talk to me :)

This running thing still amazes me. Amazing that I, "Too many Twinkies", can run any amount of time. To actually run 4 and a half miles and not be dead-it's amazing! I'm starting to get my legs back too-that right there is motivation enough! I'm still searching for sunglasses tho. It's eventually going to get warmer outside and I will need them definitely on the Bunny run. Just don't know what to look for.

All in all today was a great running day for me. I surely do hope it's the same way tomorrow. I'd love to get another 4 1/2 miles under my belt!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment